Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend in Sydney

So this weekend was busy but it went really well. Friday morning we all went to the beach and Paul and Bryan tried to surf :) They didn't due to bad, I will post some pictures on facebook. Then we washed up and headed out to Sydney for dinner with some of Bryan's friends for his birthday. We stayed with Kristine and Paul a couple who attends a calvary chapel small group in sydney. On saturday morning we woke up and went to a local wildlife zoo, Paul and I had a good time. He really liked the wombat, it looks like a giant hamster :) Then we headed to Ikea to get a few things for the house. Ikea is one of my favorite places so i was pretty excited!!! After Ikea we went back to the house where we were staying and Paul and Kris cooked a great gluten free dinner for us. After dinner we went to Johns house for saturday night bible study. Tara led worship and Bryan played the drums, they did an amazing job!!!! The study was good as well. On sunday we got up and headed to calvary chapel Sydney where Bryan was teaching. It was a small church but everyone was very friendly, Bryan's sermon was great. Then Paul and I attempted to head back to the central coast. We got lost a few times to say the least :) Paul did an amazing job driving on the opposite side of the road shifting with the opposite hand and going through roundabouts. I have yet to try driving here and I might wait as long as i can before i attempt that kind of adventure. We made it home safe and we spent the rest of the afternoon putting together our ikea furniture :)

Our new stuff makes our little house feel like home. I am excited to start getting the baby room ready. I have 6 more weeks till Im full term I cant believe how fast it has gone. I feel like I am getting bigger and bigger. I am not sure how much bigger I can get :) We are also still trying to figure out our visa situation. We thought we could get a skilled migration visa but are finding out that that might not work for us. We are also looking into a sponsorship visa, but that would mean us job hunting and an Australian company paying for us to stay here and agreeing to hire Paul for at least 2 years. We know this is an option if its God's will He will provide!!! Another option would be a student visa, this visa would give us the ability to start working right away, but we would have to take out a student loan in order for Paul to go back to school. Its kind of alot for me to take in but again I know God is in control. We would really like to stay here but we are open to what ever God has for us. We had plans to meet with a migration lawyer tomorrow but we decided to cancel the appointment. He wanted us to pay $275 for an appointment just to get general information from us. So after some thought and prayer we decided to try this on our own. So please continue to pray that God will provide for us in whatever way that means and that we would be open to whatever He has for us :)
I will update more as we start to figure some stuff out. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. here is my fantastic perfect wisdom:
    pray and then prayer some more - take 2 steps then pray again - repeat until you are 95 and about to die of a a great white walking up to your front door and asking to have you for dinner. then as your life is flashing before your eyes you see all the great things God has done in and through you and you realize that every crazy step was so stinkin worth it. So there you go girl - go ahead try to prove me wrong.
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete